Monday, May 26, 2014

The roller coaster thus far...

Well as with anything there are bumps and turns along the path to where we want to be......applying for a job in Abu Dhabi was no exception! 

The hurdles:
1. Fill out the application
2. Skype/telephone interview with recruiter
3. Gathering paperwork....and stuff!
4. In person interview (and passing!)
5. Authenticating documents and sending them to the recruiter for Visa/Immigration process.
6. Waiting for the Golden Ticket (I'mmmm leaving on a jet plane......singing)
7. Passing health screening
8. Getting placement
9. Getting a good class/school


Currently I am on hurdle 5, I got most of my documents authenticated before my in person interview so that "if/when" I got a job offer I wouldn't have much to do and I wouldn't have to fork out the funds for Pro-ex to do my leg work.  So far the first hurdle was the easiest...ha!

What I have learned so far.....there is no "normal" with anything, the process and from what I hear life over in Abu Dhabi!  Even at only step 5 Insha'Allah has become the mantra!

After the next two days of packing up my classroom I will start packing, selling, storing my life here.

Well not a glamorous start...but eh, it's a start on blogging...lol

5 comments:

  1. Yaaasssss girl! We are out this piece. Smile, I'm ADEC bound! -Valencia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you well on your very exciting and life changing adventure/journey. You are an inspiration to many to follow their dreams, no matter the path.

    Kendra L Agnew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesssssssssssssss! Valencia!!!

    Kendra, thanks!! i'm excited, can't wait for the adventure to begin! Come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward more posts. I am happy that you are going in this adventure, hopefully you will collect some more countries before you settle back here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paivi, thanks!! I plan on doing some traveling....can't wait! Hopefully i'll have time to post, a lot of teachers get too busy or too exhausted and their blogs fall to the way side...sooooooo we'll see how it all goes..lol!!

    ReplyDelete